Website Privacy Statement
Date Last Updated: 12.28.21
- 1. Overview
- This Website Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to the website owned and operated by Liberties Journal Foundation, a not-for-profit organization located at 1604 New Hampshire Avenue, NW, Washington, DC, 20009 (“Liberties,” “our,” “we,” or “us”) including the site located at www.libertiesjournal.com (“Site”).
We developed this Statement to explain our practices regarding the personal information we collect through our Site. While this Statement broadly describes the practices we have adopted in the United States, local laws vary and some jurisdictions may place restrictions on our collection, use, or disclosure of personal information. Our actual practices in such jurisdictions may be more limited than those described in this Statement to comply with local requirements.
By accessing or using our Site, or submitting information to us, or otherwise agreeing to this Statement, e.g., in the context of purchasing any of our products or services, you understand and consent to our collection and use of your personal information as described herein.
- 2. What Personal Information We Collect
- Generally, you will know what personally identifiable information we collect from you through the Site because you will actively provide the information to us through a form or otherwise. We do not collect social security numbers or other sensitive information through the Site except for payment information as necessary to accept payment for our products or services. We may collect the following personally identifiable information through the Site:
- a. Subscribers
- In order to provide you with products or services, we require customers provide certain information. This may include customer name, title, organization name, address, email address, and other information you may choose to provide such as but not limited to subscription preferences or other products you wish to order, your shipping address, and payment information including information required to verify special discount rate eligibility.
- b. Web Technologies
- In making our Site available, we collect personal information as described in Section 5 below.
- 3. How We Use Personal Information
- We use the information we collect to identify the parties with whom we are interacting and to provide products and services. We may also use the information for statistical and/or marketing purposes, to improve our Site and journal, to provide you information about our organization, and to deliver promotional information to you. These uses are intended to enhance your experience at the Site and enable us to share with you new content and services in which we think you might be interested.
- 4. How We Disclose Personal Information
- We may share personal information with certain third parties in some circumstances, including when complying with legal process, preventing fraud or imminent harm, and ensuring the security of our network and services. We may disclose personal information, as part of any merger, sale, transfer of company assets, or acquisition. We will take reasonable steps to assure that such information is treated in a manner consistent with this Statement.
We reserve the right to release information to law enforcement or other governmental officials as we, in our sole and absolute discretion, deem necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- 5. Use Of Web Technologies
- Our Site uses a number of web technologies, including those described below, which help provide functionality to the site and provide information to us and our service providers. These technologies may collect personal information (“Technical Data”) like your IP address over time and across different web sites, including but not limited to the following.
- a. Cookies
- b. Log Files
- By default, our Site gathers information automatically and stores it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We may use this information to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to monitor traffic around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, but we do not use this information to identify individual users.
- 6. Do Not Track
- When you use the Site, we may receive “do not track” requests from you, whether via signals from web browsers or other mechanisms. At this time, our Site does not respond to such “do not track” requests.
- 7. Children
- Our Site is not intended for or targeted to persons younger than 16 years old (“Children”). No information is knowingly collected or retained from Children, nor is any such information knowingly shared or used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside the Site.
- 8. Communications
- Based upon the personally identifiable information that you provide us, we will communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the products or services you request or in which you may be interested, and to manage your relationship or account with us.
We may, directly or through third parties, send you messages via future e-mails, postal mailings, telephone, telemarketing and SMS text-messaging.These may include but are not limited to messages related to site updates, subscriptions, products and services, and/or the status of orders placed online.
By using our Site you consent to such contact. You may opt-out of marketing communications from us by responding to any such email and asking that you be removed from our marketing contact list. You may not opt-out of communications from us with respect to providing you products and services such as receiving product invoices or shipping notifications.
- 9. Updates To This Statement
- We reserve the right to change this Statement at any time, so please review it on a regular basis. Any changes made to this Statement will be posted here. The date at the top of the page represents the last day this Statement was updated, and this Statement is effective as of that date. If you have questions about this Statement, you can contact us as specified in the Contact Us section below. By using or accessing the Site, you agree to and accept any updates to this Statement.
- 10. Contact Us
- You may access or correct the personal information we have about you or submit questions or comments about this Statement or our privacy practices by contacting us at Liberties Journal, Box 386, Congers, NY 10920, calling 1-845-267-3018, or via email.